Status
Not open for further replies.

herb

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Operating System:OS10.8

Lightroom Version: 6.0
(Please go to Help menu > System Info to double check the exact version number)

Question or Description of Problem:I have a new olympus PEN F, which may be the problem (the New part), and cannot get the RAW files to down load, although I was successful earlier with the same camera. I did a search, and the forum search was not forthcoming. I miss Large Format in times like this.

You just need to update Lightroom Herb. You’re on 6.0 and support was added in 6.5. Go to Help menu > Check for Updates.

Ah, I spoke too soon. You need to upgrade your operating system first. 6.5 won’t run on Mac OS 10.8

Ah, I spoke too soon. You need to upgrade your operating system first. 6.5 won’t run on Mac OS 10.8
thanks, Victoria- I did manage to get LR updated, but for some reason Apple won't let me upgrade my mountain lion on my laptop to Sierra, although their
website says you can. I am trying to call Apple Care to fix that-we are up in the mountains beyond cell service, so we are using wifi phone which I am too old to know how to but her majesty does. More later.

thanks, Victoria- I did manage to get LR updated, but for some reason Apple won't let me upgrade my mountain lion on my laptop to Sierra, although their
website says you can. I am trying to call Apple Care to fix that-we are up in the mountains beyond cell service, so we are using wifi phone which I am too old to know how to but her majesty does. More later.
Mountain Lion was the last OS version to support a 32 bit processor. Click on the Apple menu and then System Report to see is your processor is one of these 64 bit processors
1230-figure05.jpg

Also your Mac need to be in this list to be able to run Sierra or High Sierra:

• iMac: late 2009 or newer.
  • MacBook/MacBook (Retina): late 2009 or newer.
  • MacBook Pro: mid-2010 or newer.
  • MacBook Air: late 2010 or newer.
  • Mac Mini: mid-2010 or newer.
  • Mac Pro: mid-2010 or newer.
  • iMac Pro: 2017.

Mountain Lion was the last OS version to support a 32 bit processor. Click on the Apple menu and then System Report to see is your processor is one of these 64 bit processors
1230-figure05.jpg

Also your Mac need to be in this list to be able to run Sierra or High Sierra:

• iMac: late 2009 or newer.
  • MacBook/MacBook (Retina): late 2009 or newer.
  • MacBook Pro: mid-2010 or newer.
  • MacBook Air: late 2010 or newer.
  • Mac Mini: mid-2010 or newer.
  • Mac Pro: mid-2010 or newer.
  • iMac Pro: 2017.
Thanks Cletus: I did manage to get El Capitan downloaded, and the new LR works fine with that. FYI my laptop is a 2013 version which does have the necessary bit processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back