• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Order of pictures in collection does not correspond with the order in LR Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

sylvie27

Lightroom Version Number
LR web
Operating System
  1. Windows 11
Hi,
I'm trying to publish a collection to my portfolio but the order of my pictures in Lightroom Mobile / webbased does not reflect the order in Lightroom classic.
Is this normal?
I've tried turning the sync button in LR Classic off and on, but nothing happens.

The version of LR Classic is 12.01

Sylvie

As far as I know, sort order is not synced between Classic and the cloud. You will need to log into one of the Cloud apps and set the sort order, or do so from Portfollio.

Tim

Images
As far as I know, sort order is not synced between Classic and the cloud. You will need to log into one of the Cloud apps and set the sort order, or do so from Portfollio.

Tim
That's not correct, Tim. Custom Order is supposed to sync across the entire system, LrC included, no matter where it is changed. My last test 5 minutes ago confirmed it still works that way.

But for the OP, the important thing to confirm is that the sort order selected in Classic is either Capture Time or Custom Order, as they are the only two options available in the LrWeb grid view. Obviously if both apps have Capture Time selected, the only potential difference would be if one had a different ascending/descending option set.

However, if both apps have the Custom Order selected, then the album/collection sequence should always be the same (if syncing is working correctly), and if it's not the same there's an issue there that we need to look at. One potential pitfall, however, is that in any of the Lightroom apps it is not possible to select "Reverse Order" when Custom Order is being displayed, but it IS possible in LrC (which actually seems pretty dumb to me). Thus if LrC has Custom Order in reverse order (Z to A) displayed, that will differ to LrWeb as that will display the Custom Order in the original way it was set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back