• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Opinions on printing from LR

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryM

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
I have been using LR for a while and am comfortable with all the modules except the print. I do not normally print my own prints, but send them to Mpix.

I will be doing a presentation on LR for our local photography group and would just like to get some opinions on printing from LR.

Is it easy? Is it quality? Do you print from LR as opposed to PS?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried printing from L/Room thru my canon i995' and the prints are never quite the right colour, so i use PS CS3 most of the time.

I use LR for nearly all my printing with great results - Epson R18'' printer and let LR do the work.

I think the interface and the ability to save presets in LR is outstanding. The two thing I miss are soft proofing and better print sharpening (I use PhotoKit Sharpened).

So if I has a large volume of prints, I use LR. If I am printing single fine art images, I will still use photoshop.

ttk;31'5 said:
I have tried printing from L/Room thru my canon i995' and the prints are never quite the right colour, so i use PS CS3 most of the time.
I can't get LR to print properly either. I have to do it from PS7. I'm using an Epson R24''.

I can't get LR to print properly either. I have to do it from PS7. I'm using an Epson R24''.

I haven't had LR print anything but LR does a great job sending information to my R18'' which does a very nice job printing!!:lol::lol:
Maybe you have not set up 1''%?
It can seem quite a process to begin with but once I got in the swing is no more or less than from PS.

I haven't had LR print anything but LR does a great job sending information to my R18'' which does a very nice job printing!!:lol::lol:
Maybe you have not set up 1''%?
It can seem quite a process to begin with but once I got in the swing is no more or less than from PS.

I dunno but since I have some things I run in PS anyway, I just print from there. LR isn't a completely all-in-one solution yet.

After installing update 1.3 from Lightroom I don't have any problems with the printing module. I'm getting very good results (very subjective) with my
Epson 24''. Just make sure you're using the right ICC profiles.
Downloadable from the Epson website.
Regards and good luck.
lasva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back