• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Online keyword syncing

dvt

Lightroom Version
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have a large catalog in Lightroom Classic that I need to collaborate with some people to remotely keyword the images. LRCC of course doesn't sync keywords:bored:. I've tried several photo hosting services (smugmug, zenfolio), but I've run into some issues with them. All I want to do is publish LR collections to a cloud browser-based interface that will allow other people to edit keywords, pick favs, write captions . I would then sync it all back to LR. Does anyone know of anything that would do this?

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
Jfriedl's web page for his Smugmug plugin (Jeffrey Friedl's Blog » Jeffrey’s “Export to SmugMug” Lightroom Plugin) says

"FYI, SmugMug itself offers a Publish-only plugin for Lightroom here. . There are pluses and minuses to each: my plugin, which predates SmugMug's own by several years, is generally more configurable and has more features, and also supports non-publish Export, but it's also more complex; SmugMug's plugin heroically supports two-way gallery synchronization."

The last line suggests may mean that keywords will go back and forth. I don't know as I don't have a Smugmug account to test it with but it may be worth a shot.

dvt

Jfriedl's web page for his Smugmug plugin (Jeffrey Friedl's Blog » Jeffrey’s “Export to SmugMug” Lightroom Plugin) says

"FYI, SmugMug itself offers a Publish-only plugin for Lightroom here. . There are pluses and minuses to each: my plugin, which predates SmugMug's own by several years, is generally more configurable and has more features, and also supports non-publish Export, but it's also more complex; SmugMug's plugin heroically supports two-way gallery synchronization."

The last line suggests may mean that keywords will go back and forth. I don't know as I don't have a Smugmug account to test it with but it may be worth a shot.
Thank you. Yes, I am using both plugins and it's working fine for that. The issues I'm having with smugmug have to do with their interface and architecture of their site. Smugmug has some permissions issues that force me to make my galleries public in order for the Assistant login (which limits certain access) to be able to work with the keywords. Otherwise I would need to let them login in with the Master login if I want to keep the galleries private, which I don't want to do. Also, their "pick favorites" feature is ONLY available by creating an Event and then inserting galleries, which can't be done in Lightroom (I can upload the galleries, but then have to go to smugmug for the rest). I wanted to see if there was another service that would allow for the lightroom sync, online picking and keywording that would be more "user friendly" for the people I'm recruiting to keyword things (some of whom aren't very tech savvy). I use Zenfolio for my own photos, but I'm not crazy about their interface for this project.