• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Import OneDrive and Lightroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Haswell

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic CC
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi
Help needed !..... I use Lightroom Classic CC with my Microsoft Suface LT and have many folders stored on OneDrive, am I able to import these folders into Lightroom to catalog and edit etc ?.... I would appreciate any help with this inquiry.
Thank you. BH

You need to install Onedrive on your computer so the files are synchronized localy. Then these local folders and files can be imported in your Lightroom Classic CC catalog.
Thankyou
You need to install Onedrive on your computer so the files are synchronized localy. Then these local folders and files can be imported in your Lightroom Classic CC catalog.
Thankyou Roelof, I'll give it a bash.
Thankyou Roelof, I'll give it a try.
Regards. Bruce Haswell

A word of caution if you are using OneDrive to sync image files and that is Microsoft throttle uploads and upload speeds can be very slow (Microsoft deny this publicly but it is a fact). I use OneDrive to sync my catalogue across multiple devices and it works fine but I use external drives for my images.

I have never seen OneDrive throttle my connection unless I enable throttle.
I will say it is a CPU hog compared to Google Drive and DropBox for the same stuff.
In any case, I keep images, catalog, everything on OneDrive. Very occasionally I switch between computers to work on Lr Classic. As long as the sync has finished it works great to switch between machines. However, make sure OneDrive has finished sync on BOTH machines first!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back