• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

One photo not syncing from LR Classic to LR Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicholasG

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
  2. iOS
1) I have one Collection in LR Classic that is synced to the cloud. It contains 6856 photographs

2) There are 6856 photographs on Lightroom.adobe.com

3) I have Lightroom Mobile on 2 iPads and an iPhone. On each of these devices the count of "All Photos" is 6856. The Album (which is set up to "Store Locally") however only has 6855 of 6856 and the cloud status says "Storing Album Locally 1 Pending". It has been like this for over a week on each device.

4) Not sure if this is relevant but in LR Classic it says I'm using "194.16 KB of 20 GB"; creative cloud on my Mac says "12.8 MB of 20 GB used; Lightroom.adobe.com says "194 KB of 20 GB used" when I click on the cloud icon and when I click on the LR icon and goto Account info under storage it says "194KB of 20 GB" I would expect all of these says O KB used.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Hi Nicholas, sorry for the delay replying.

If you look on the web interface, is there anything in a Sync Errors collection on top left?

I don't see any errors on the web interface. One thing I did notice there are 3 smart previews in Lightroom Catalog-2 Previews.lrdata, one of which seems to be corrupted. Could that have anything to do with this?

Thanks,
Nicholas

Possibly so. Where are you seeing that?

I right clicked on the file and selected "Show Package Contents". Opening up the folders I see 3 DNG files. 2 can I can open with Preview. When I try to open the 3rd with Preview it says "The file “7BE58DE6-F09E-4510-97C1-29024DE4A2CB.dng” could not be opened. Preview currently does not support this raw file format." I can however import it into LR Classic. Not sure if this is just a red herring.

Which file is that you're showing the package contents of? Mobile Downloads.lrdata perhaps?

Lightroom Catalog-2 Smart Previews.lrdata

Sorry I did not put the correct name in one of my earlier posts.

Ah, ok, those files would be entirely expected in smart previews.

Next port of call, if we're still stuck, is to go to the Preferences > Lightroom Sync tab, hold down Opt so the buttons show up and do a Diagnostic Log and Diagnostic Report. Then post them on the feedback site with a note as to the problem, then post the link to that thread here so I see it and bounce it onto the right engineer to see if he can spot the problem in the logs.

Is the feedback site - Lightroom Classic | Photoshop Family Customer Community ?

Ah, ok, those files would be entirely expected in smart previews.

Next port of call, if we're still stuck, is to go to the Preferences > Lightroom Sync tab, hold down Opt so the buttons show up and do a Diagnostic Log and Diagnostic Report. Then post them on the feedback site with a note as to the problem, then post the link to that thread here so I see it and bounce it onto the right engineer to see if he can spot the problem in the logs.

I emailed the logs from LR on my iPhone to Adobe a week ago and have not heard anything. How long do they usually take to respond?

I've just flagged it up with a member of staff to see if he can get the mobile team to take a look

I've not heard anything from Adobe. I can't figure out how to troubleshoot this without deleting one photo at time to see if there is one faulty one, but with nearly 7000 photos that is not practical.

Let me see what I can find out. I'd lost track of it, sorry

Thanks. I'm just trying to do some early spring cleaning before upgrading to MacOS. I'm sure there is one photo that is somehow corrupted, but I can't see anyone of determining which photos has not downloaded.

So let me just check, is it mobile that's stuck up, or Classic that's stuck syncing down? Did I get that the right way round? There are some new updates today, so check those before redoing the logs.

Classic to Cloud seems to work fine. The problem to Cloud to Mobile. I have one Album that I have marked on 2 iPhones and 2 iPads as "Store Locally" with 6854 photographs. On all the devices it says "6853 of 6854" on the Album and Cloud icon says "Storing Album Locally 1 Pending". And this has been going on for weeks.

Everything has been updated this morning with no change, so I will redo the logs in LR Mobile and send to Adobe.

Thanks!

Nicholas

In LrM, try going into Settings and Local Storage, then clearing the cache. You might also try disabling local storage for that collection, then enabling it again. But with so many photos in the collection, it's going to be hard to figure out which one.

1) Have deleted and reinstalled the app. Same result.
2) Cleared cache. Same result.
3) Installed app on a brand new iPad. Same result.

That is the problem, there does not seem to be a way to find out in the app which photo has not downloaded. I assume/hope Adobe can see something in the logs.

Did you send new logs? If so, I'll let Rikk know to look for them.

In LrM, try going into Settings and Local Storage, then clearing the cache. You might also try disabling local storage for that collection, then enabling it again. But with so many photos in the collection, it's going to be hard to figure out which one.
I'd try that first, though I don't really think there's just one particular image that's causing the problem. I've encountered this stalling many times when trying to store albums locally, and reported it to Adobe, but it still apparently happens from time to time. I know others here have encountered the same problem, and it's not strictly speaking a "syncing issue"....it's more likely a local issue which is why attempting to clear the cache would be a good starting point. Usually, the most successful way is to delete the app completely, then re-install. But that's an absolute PITA if like me you've already downloaded smart previews for circa 10k images, but it does usually work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back