• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

One of my people has disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

IainH

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
2.x
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom version: 4.1 x64 [ 20201120-1311-17d302b ] (Nov 23 2020)
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I've been downloading photos of my adult sons to give them for Christmas. In the course of doing so, one of them has completely disappeared from the list of People, and is now not recognised as a person in any of the photos in which he appears, so can't be retagged.

This is a little upsetting as it represents 22 years of his life; over 1900 photos.

At the time, I was going through his photos, and edited the location for one of them. When I returned to the list, I noticed his name had disappeared from the Tags. Other names were still present. Back in the People view, his name is missing. Any picture I look at with him in it now has only the other people, so there is no way for me to tag him again.

It's as if I've hit some undocumented feature to make him unrecognisable.

Has anyone else encountered this issue, or does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

Iain

He's back! Problem solved with a bit of online searching:

So: People view -> 3 dots -> Show and Hide People -> Check the box next to his name and he has returned.

As a bonus I can now hide the zillions of strangers identified in crowds.

The question remains as to how it happened, though, because I definitely didn't explicitly do that.

Ref: Cleaning up People View in Lightroom CC

I've answered the second question too: "Hide Person" is just above "Remove Photo from Person" in the 3-dot menu for an individual photo in the People View.

Maybe an "Are you sure?" dialog would be useful here.

Carry on as you were.

I'm glad you got it sorted. That has to be one of the best thread titles I've seen here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back