• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

On LR CC start up dynamiclinkmanager crashes (Mac)

Status
Not open for further replies.

donoreo

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
On start up I get a crash with the dynamiclinkmanager. It actually crashes several times according to the logs before the pop up. It does not kill LR, it keeps going but is very slow until the crashes are done and it gives the message It reports that is cannot find the temporary directory. Sorry, I am at work and can post more from the logs later, but I wanted to get this started.

Me research has shown that this could be related to the permissions issue on a Mac but I have done the recommended steps and still get it. It did start after the upgrade to the latest LR CC.

I was not sure if this was related to my memory issues in my other thread, but it occurred after I put the new memory in as well.

Latest version of LR CC, latest OSX 10.11.4

It could indeed be a permissions problem. If you fix the permissions of some folders, make sure you include all subfolders too. Click on the wheel icon and choose 'Apply to enclosed items'.

Lightroom.jpg

It could indeed be a permissions problem. If you fix the permissions of some folders, make sure you include all subfolders too. Click on the wheel icon and choose 'Apply to enclosed items'.
Which I did. Then confirmed that the permissions "took" in the terminal.

Hmm. I thought it was related to the process and access to library files, not photo files (it seems to be a problem related the CC integration, not just Lr).

Are these the steps you referred to as having tried:
Dynamic Link Manager repeatedly crashes when tr... | Adobe Community
Adobe Creative Cloud Update fails due to DynamicLinkManager

Yes. Interestingly today it did not crash. I have not done anything since Wednesday when it last crashed.

Here is the detail:

Application Specific Information:
terminating with uncaught exception of type dvacore::filesupport::dir_exception: $$$/dvacore/filesupport/DirTemp=Could not find the temporary directory.
abort() called

It just crashed again now. Same error.

While we're waiting for Simon to hopefully take a look, have you tried the standard troubleshooting steps? Standard Lightroom Troubleshooting Steps

Sorry for the slow reply. Not all. It has not happened again. Rather odd, really. On the upside....my overall memory problem had been going on for a longer time than I thought. I had a problem using dual monitors so I stopped using them. I have not had any problems with dual monitors since the memory switch.

So you're all fixed? Oh good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back