• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

On import some pics are duplicated by LR

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJR

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Good morning to you all,

I 've just noted Lightroom is making copies of some photos during the import procedure. LR automatically added 14 duplicated photos to of a batch of 84 pics. The filenumbers of these particular copies have got a "-2" addition to it. So if the original filename reads SCR_1234.NEF, the duplicated one reads SCR_1234-2.NEF.
The photos were imported directly from camera (via cable) into PC/Lightroom.

When I noticed the duplicated photos for the first time I decided to remove the whole lot from the catalogue and from my computer and to re-imorted the pictures again. But also on this second attempt the duplicated issue remains.

The "Don't Import Suspected Duplicated" is enabled.
The "Make a Second Copy To"is enables and directs to copies on import to an othe location.
Lightroom 8.2.1 (Raw 11.2.1).

Please your advise to avoid this strange behaviour, if possible

Thak you,
Cor

Does the camera have two card slots, and if so are they both in the camera when you try to import and how are they configured in camera?

Generally speaking, I would advise users to use a card reader rather than import via a direct camera attachment. Using the direct camera attachment is often buggy, and I know that Adobe usually regard such issues as low priority given that using a card reader is more reliable.

Does the camera have two card slots, and if so are they both in the camera when you try to import and how are they configured in camera?

Generally speaking, I would advise users to use a card reader rather than import via a direct camera attachment. Using the direct camera attachment is often buggy, and I know that Adobe usually regard such issues as low priority given that using a card reader is more reliable.

Thank you Jim,
My camera, a Nikon D7100, has two card slots indeed and both are activated. Slot #1 is set for RAW and #2 is set for Jpeg. The camera itself is set to quality RAW without Jpeg. Nontheless on card #2 are NEF copies of card #1. So maybe the duplicates are caused by a camera issue. Remains the question of how come that only 14 out of 84 pics were duplicted on import and not all 84?

Anyway I now know what the cause of the problem could be and I 'll keep on eye on it.

Thank you
Cor Rolandus

I will also keep in mind your advise to use a card reader rather than a direct attachment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back