• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

On import, now getting duplicate RAW files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.gailbisson

Lightroom Version Number
CC 10.0
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
In the past 2 weeks, when I upload my images (1 DX3 and CF Express card SanDisk and Prograde) from the camera to my Mac Desktop, all the images are duplicated.
I have no idea why. I have not changed anything in my import dialogue or at least , I am not aware of changing anything.
I have "Do not import" duplicates checked, so the duplicates are greyed out and do not get imported when I hit the Import button. But it is very annoying.
Can someone suggest what might be going on and how to fix it?
Thanks,
Gail

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 7.28.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 7.28.45 PM.png
    533.7 KB · Views: 172
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 7.28.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 7.28.23 PM.png
    838.9 KB · Views: 180
Could we see the rest of the Import dialog, i.e. the left hand panel and the centre panel where I assume the duplication shows?

I saw this behavior when I started to import directly from my camera, which had two memory cards in it and therefore showed the files recorded on the main card AND the backup card. If you are importing from the camera, try taking one card out of it, or import from one card using a card reader.

In the left-hand Source column, the EOS_DIGITAL memory card should appear in the "Devices" section (which is where you currently have it selected), and then further down in the "Files" section. Normally, it's the entry in the "Files" section which should be selected by default when you start an import from a card. Did you manually change it to select the entry under "Devices"? Could you try selecting the card from the "Files" section instead, to see if that makes a difference?

I've seen a very similar post on another forum in the last day or so, again the card was selected from the "Devices" section, so I'm wondering if there's a bug there. Changing to "Files" should help us narrow the problem down.

Another problem is that you have the 2020 folder selected as the destination folder (it is highlighted in the right hand screen shot). You are also having LrC import into a date oriented structure based on the capture date of the image. LrC creates its date structure folders under whatever folder you have highlighted - in your case that is under 2020. So you get a 2020 folder inside of a 2020 folder.

What you want to do is to highlight the "Picutres" folder in the destination panel rather than the 2020 folder.

Of course that won't change images already imported. For those just drag them to the proper place in the LrC folders Panel.

Dan

I also have the 1DxIII and store photo on both cards. If I connect the APN, LrC sees both cards and all photos are shown twice but half of the photos are greyed out and deselected if "Don't import duplicates" is checked. Exactly like what is shown in your screen shot.
Also, when I connect the card via a card reader, the card is seen by LrC as a disk, not as a card.

Your screenshot let think that your photos are duplicated on the same card. Is it the case ? AFAIK, this is not possible with the 1DxIII. Also, when I connect the CFexpress via the card reader, the card is not shown in the device section. This is strange.

In the left-hand Source column, the EOS_DIGITAL memory card should appear in the "Devices" section (which is where you currently have it selected), and then further down in the "Files" section. Normally, it's the entry in the "Files" section which should be selected by default when you start an import from a card. Did you manually change it to select the entry under "Devices"? Could you try selecting the card from the "Files" section instead, to see if that makes a difference?

I've seen a very similar post on another forum in the last day or so, again the card was selected from the "Devices" section, so I'm wondering if there's a bug there. Changing to "Files" should help us narrow the problem down.
Thanks Jim. Problem seems to be solved by selecting the card from the files section.

Thanks Jim. Problem seems to be solved by selecting the card from the files section.
Thanks for the update. I'll see if I can create the same issue using Devices, and if I do I'll let Adobe know.

From our testing when they switched the default to Files, it was certainly faster than using Devices, so my advice would be to always use Files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back