• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

OMG what's the update done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quantum

Lightroom Version Number
14 v11
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I got a message to upgrade the catalog and clicked on it and and a new V10-v11 was built.
However virtually none of the photos are showing up. I've tried this twice with same results. This is across several drives and the most recent of my drives only spome of 2020 photos and none of 2021. I fairly regularly back up - not on every exit maybe every 3rd.
Can I roll back LR and re-open the catalog that used to work fine..? How?

Before you roll back, we should probably get to the root of the problem though. When you say they're not showing up, you mean they have grey thumbnails, or the number of photos in the catalog actually decreases?

Before you roll back, we should probably get to the root of the problem though. When you say they're not showing up, you mean they have grey thumbnails, or the number of photos in the catalog actually decreases?
Hi Victoria
Many thanks. I just don't understand everything seems greyed out barring a very few. My catalog is 12 years old. The photos appear on my hard drives. But in the catalong not even greyed out images appear after October 2020

That sounds like it simply upgraded the wrong catalog, I’ve heard a few cases of that. Go check where your v10 working catalog was and double click to open it into Lightroom.

That sounds like it simply upgraded the wrong catalog, I’ve heard a few cases of that. Go check where your v10 working catalog was and double click to open it into Lightroom.
Ooooh, that's better, phew!... What caused it to update the wrong catalog? I'm pretty sure I clicked on the right one to upgrade originally..
John

We're not sure, we always hear of a few cases after a big upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back