old DNGs rotated in wrong direction..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etrsi_645

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Somehow some of my old images appeared today rotated in the wrong direction.. I am pretty sure last time I saw them this was not the case.. My question is: does LR get the same software quality control review that photoshop receives? I just want the software to work; if it doesn't have some features, I can live with that, but what it does have should work. Am I asking too much? Of course, without rigorous testing myself, I suppose I could have unknowingly rotated those images by accident, but...still..

thanks

Of course, without rigorous testing myself, I suppose I could have unknowingly rotated those images by accident, but...still..

thanks
Yours is the first problem in this area I've encountered. With the best intentions (and not trying to find fault :D) I'd say that:

Lots of people get caught by:
a) Multi-select in Library/Grid
b) Auto-synch in Develop

I assume you're referring to a landscape/portrait type orientation rotation, which is a Library, which is primarily accessed in Library, but can be accomplished in Develop as well.

Are the problem photos contiguous, as if they may all have been selected as a group at one point, and a change to one may have been unknowingly reflected to several?

As to QC, who knows? But I suspect that each and every Adobe product release gets the exact same procedure.

does LR get the same software quality control review that photoshop receives?

Have you tried the latest version of PS and Bridge? Waaaaay more bugs in that than I've found in LR! ;)

As far as I know, the quality control is at a similar level. However LR is only version 1 whereas PS is version 1', so they've had a lot longer to work out the bugs in PS.

You can only fix a bug once you've found it, and many of the bugs that have cropped up have been hardware-specific which therefore couldn't be foreseen even in rigourous testing. The team are working hard and fast to clear all of the bugs though, so it'll continue to improve.

Rick, the others have answered the tech side but I say LR gets the same prerelease testing a us humans do before we pop out and we still get faulty people. I'm constantly finding bugs in my release version!!:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::shock::mrgreen::mrgreen:

yes, the older I get the more bugs I find...

Rick,

Have you had any other program look at the files in between looking at them in LR. I had a similar problem with some Fuji RAW files from a compact camera converted to DNG. They would come out once converted 18' degrees from what they were. I then rotated them in LR and all was fine. I then went into another app and that then saw them the wrong way round and changed them. Back in LR they were then back to what they were.
I changed them back in LR and then saved the metadata to the files using cmd s and then that sorted it in both programs.
Don't know if this is the same as your problem.

I will keep that in mind. These were old DNGs and I had no reason to currently view/use them in any other program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back