• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Ok to upgrade to Classic 7.3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duncanh

DuncanH
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 7.2
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Seeing a few problems people have had I've stayed with 7.2.
Have the problems been sorted out and backups corruption been fixed with 7.3.1 ?

While there are some specific bugs that have been dealt with in LRClassic 7.3.1, I have seen nothing in the MacOS version that was a "show stopper". When you have significant bug reports, you need to pay attention to the OS version being used that encountered the bug. The latest version of MacOS and the latest version of LR seem to be the most stable if you have a late model of Mac and adequate resources.

Thanks, I’ll upgrade. Is the catalog backup problem fixed ?

Thanks, I’ll upgrade. Is the catalog backup problem fixed ?
As far as I know, the problem of corruption of backup catalogs was on Windows only. As stated earlier
When you have significant bug reports, you need to pay attention to the OS version being used that encountered the bug.
The only change I have seen in backups since LRClassic 7.3.1 was released is that the backup catalog file is no longer being zipped

No problems in the past with High Sierra and I am now on 10.13.5. I guess on Monday at WWDC we will hear when we can update to 10.14.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back