OK, the village idiot is back - lost RAW data!

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

willowdawn

So, my DH upgraded us to Leopard! YEAH!!!! except my website uploader is not yet compatible with Leopard. OK, no problem... install Tiger so I can dual boot and keep on truckin'. Well, long story short, I had to move my library to a different drive so that I had a free bootable drive (disk utility wipes a drive clean when partitioning) So I copied/moved the entire contents of my "media drive" over to a new external and made "media drive" my new boot from Tiger drive. Well, of course the permissions were all wonky and my programs didn't know to look to the new external drive. So hubby repairs permissions, but now only the CR2 thumbnails, any PSDs or JPGs are in my Lightroom library. The actual CR2 files are no where to be found. Can anyone help me. Fortunately, most important files, were edited into PSDs and/or saved as JPGs, but there are some files that I really really would like to have.

Please tell me there is hope!!!!

TIA,
Willow

If it makes you feel any better Willow, I accidentally wiped a stack of raw files on one occasion, by allowing SuperDuper to use that drive.... and I do this for a job!!!! Fortunately I did manage to rescue them all, and am now extremely careful!

Don't save anything else onto the drives until you find them - even if you did delete them, something like Data Rescue II may still be retrieve them. Mark's idea of Spotlight would be my first thought too.

Mark and Victoria - Thank you for your kind patience with me. I'm currently running Data Rescue... spotlight found some of them, but only about 2%...

Willow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back