• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Offline Destination Volumes - Unable to move some photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Clulow

Photographer | Retoucher
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hi,

Please can I get some assistance here. I'm getting the following error (See attached). Now I have no idea what volume B5540ADE-6D1 is but all my drives are connected as well as my iPhone (Incase it was that). To be perfectly honest I dont care about whatever those 57 photos are. I just want this message to go away. Any ideas how I can get around this and just discard this?

Thanks,

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-08 at 20.36.51.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-08 at 20.36.51.png
    197 KB · Views: 395
Check the Preferences>Local Storage tab to see what drive/folder is specified as the "Storage Location for Originals". That message suggests that the location was recently changed and now Lightroom is attempting to move those 57 images from the previous location to the new location, but the latter is offline. If you don't recognise the location, change it to some other folder/drive location that you know is valid.

Oaky I'm getting a new error now. LR is claiming there Is zero space to import anything,

However my drive space is rather large.

I cant get past this message!

Insufficient Space
Not enough free disk space on drive. Please freee up another 786.43kb to proceed.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-11 at 19.54.17.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-11 at 19.54.17.png
    292.2 KB · Views: 322
Which drive is specified in the Preferences as the "Storage Location for Originals"?

RAID 0. Either way every single drive has GB if not TB of free space. I cant even import a 300k jpg. Somethings gone weird with Lightroom.

Indeed. Can you post a screenshot of the Preferences>Local Storage tab to see if that might offer us some clue.

Indeed. Can you post a screenshot of the Preferences>Local Storage tab to see if that might offer us some clue.
Hi,

Of course, Here is the preferences. Last night I even reset that to a different folder and Lightroom began to move the files and this issue is still present.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-12 at 22.16.43.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-12 at 22.16.43.png
    364.3 KB · Views: 395
  • Screenshot 2019-08-12 at 22.16.58.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-12 at 22.16.58.png
    383.9 KB · Views: 358
  • Screenshot 2019-08-12 at 22.17.08.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-12 at 22.17.08.png
    314.3 KB · Views: 339
  • Screenshot 2019-08-12 at 22.16.33.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-12 at 22.16.33.png
    166.1 KB · Views: 320
To be honest, I'm not certain what's going on here. It's not clear to me why Lightroom is trying to move your local copy of the originals to a different drive (presumably you recently changed location?), and unless the permissions on the current target drive are messed up I don't know why it can't move them to that drive.

I also am a bit suspicious of the fact that the name of the local system drive is blank on the Local Storage tab. If it wasn't for the fact that you presumably have a copy of most of your near-1TB of cloud images already downloaded, I'd be tempted to trash the local library (and preferences) and start Lightroom again. Maybe someone else here has a better suggestion.

I selected a different drive because the default catalog location for Lightroom CC is your local system hard drive. The system drive is 1TB and my originally are just over 1TB.

This worked fine until recently.
I hadn't noticed about the blank. I bet 100% that's what the issue is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back