Official Adobe Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColMac9090

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Having posted a question on here, I decided recently to put a feature request into the Adobe site.

I then had great difficulty in finding the post afterwards.

It is only today that I have discovered the problem in that there are two similar areas

https://forums.adobe.com/community/lightroom
and
Photoshop Family Customer Community

But I can't find any real explanation of why there are 2 apparently distinct support areas and what the difference is between them.

I have always found that getting information from large company web sites such as Microsoft and Adobe is exceedingly difficult for the infrequent visitor. Those who visit regularly may know and understand where to go, but the first-time or infrequent visitor often has great difficulty in working out what part of a site to visit to get answers. Buzz words like "Solutions" etc are often confusing.

Can anyone point me to a simple explanation of what these two different sites offer.

Thanks

The first one is a User to User (U2U) site hosted by Adobe, where users help other users with their Lightroom related issues (much like this site). As such it is not often frequented by Adobe staff on a regular basis (though there is some interaction).

The other site is the official Adobe bug reporting/feature request site, which IS attended by Adobe staff, though it still allows for user to user participation as well. This is where your feature request should be posted.

Many thanks. At least I know now.

Just knowing there are 2 areas is actually a major leap, but understanding what they are helps even more.

Colin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back