• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Number of registered computers also how to put a picture on a thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lulu2608

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic 8.3.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hello,

I was going to post a screen shot asking why LR/CC (?) often asks me to log out of one of my computers as I have it open on too many devices, but I can't for the life of me get the picture on this thread so my question is also about that! If someone can enlighten me that would be really helpful. ;)

I tried pasting in the thread (ctrl V), clicking on the picture icon then ctrl V or drag and drop a file (but I didn't really want to save the file) and I've tried dragging the file to the thread itself. Nothing works. Any tips?

So as I've had to save the file I've attached it. I only have CC/LR on two computers as I only have two computers. The desktop is showing here as both 'this device' and 'lulu-pc' (Acer is my laptop) and I keep having to log out of one of the names to go into LR. Any thoughts?

thanks

Louise

It must be bed time! I now know we don't paste screen shots on here the usual way and that there's only ten minutes to edit a post. Please see below amended post. o_O Thanks!

Hello,

Does anyone know why LR/CC (?) often asks me to log out of one of my computers as I have it open on too many devices? I've found out the hard way we don't paste screen shots on here the usual way so hopefully you can see the attachment of the issue.

I only have CC/LR on two computers as I only have two computers. The desktop is showing here as both 'this device' and 'lulu-pc' (Acer is my laptop) and I keep having to log out of one of the names to go into LR. Any thoughts?

thanks

Louise

I have heard about this a few times. The CC server uses certain characteristics to recognize a computer, and apparently there is something that is not always present that makes it think the desktop is a different computer this time than the last time. Maybe some peripheral that is not always connected? Maybe the computer has two network cards (one for wifi and one for ethernet) and so it shows differently depending on which card is used? Who knows...

I would Try to log out from all devices through the Adobe website / manage subscription.
Then log back in on the two devices and see what happens
Umberto

Sent using Tapatalk

I see that sometimes on my desktop (but never on my laptop). I' haven't been able to definitly fix it (or may be I did, since it hasn't appear for several weeks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back