Number of images for HDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickPhoto

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
When merging five (or more) images (say -2, -1 0,1, +2) I find more noise and pixilation than when merging the two extremes images (-2 and+2). Is anyone else getting this result? Is this a LR issue or a photographer issue?

Interesting. With my Nikon D5100, I can only do 3 "+,0,-". Are you using a tripod?

OH, yes. On a tripod. this is not a camera movement issue.

By the way, you can bracket outside the three images at +/- 3 by using manual and changing shutter speed or using aperture priority and exposure compensating.

Understand you can use a manual approach but many times I'm trying to get the images as close together in time as possible.

Interesting. With my Nikon D5100, I can only do 3 "+,0,-". Are you using a tripod?
With my D810, I can bracket 3, 5, 7, 9 exposures.If you can only go +0- it may be a limitation of the D5100 or you may not understand the settings. It is also possible to space the setting at different intervals (1/2 stop, 1/3, 1 full stop etc.)/

When merging five (or more) images (say -2, -1 0,1, +2) I find more noise and pixilation than when merging the two extremes images (-2 and+2). Is anyone else getting this result? Is this a LR issue or a photographer issue?

This is a Lightroom issue. It's recommended to merge three images: -2, 0, +2, because the way that Lightroom creates the HDR is a little different than the way for example Photomatix does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back