• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Now, what did I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resoman

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic CC, 8.2 release
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Today I took about 45 photos at an event, downloaded them, did an "Auto" tone control in Quick Develop, and made a few cursory adjustments to a few of them. When I came back to my computer a couple of hours later, all the photos have the "slide mount" colored red and are grossly overexposed looking. When I checked in the Develop module, I found that the exposure slider on every photo was set to +2.21, which explains the overexposed look.
So, how did I manage to do this. any ideas?
Gary

Have a colored "canvas" behind your images in the Grid or Filmstrip is a feature of LR called "Color Labels". They can be set many ways, but as they were a surprise to you you probably hit a number between 6 and 9 on your keyboard while they were selected. (6=red, 7=yellow, etc). They will not affect the image itself. To undo this turn off the color label. There are many ways to undo it depending on settings, but going to the "Photo" menu and selecting "Set Color Label" and then picking "None" is always available.

Not sure how your Exposure got bumped up on all images but you may have had "auto sync" turned on in the develop module when you changed that slider to that value on one image (it echoed that change to all other selected images). You also may have inadvertently applied a develop preset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back