• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! New cameras (including the Canon R5/R6), lens profiles and bug fixes, and the ability to disable built-in lens corrections for specific new cameras. Here's the usual list

Not sure what is the best option when I get this message.

John Cicchine

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Operating System
macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hello,
In some of my photos in the filmstrip in the top right corner there is a small box with some lines in it. When I click on the box I get the message that is in the included screen shot. But I have been wondering for a long time what option should I pick. Thank You very much.

John

Lightroom message..png

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Ask yourself, do you know what other application may have done something? For example, have you changed the file's rating in Bridge? If so, you may want to import those settings. But often you know you haven't done anything of the kind, so it's a "false positive" and you can just overwrite the settings.

John Cicchine

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Ask yourself, do you know what other application may have done something? For example, have you changed the file's rating in Bridge? If so, you may want to import those settings. But often you know you haven't done anything of the kind, so it's a "false positive" and you can just overwrite the settings.
Hi John,

Thank You Very Much. I appreciate your help.

John

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
False positives can also occur when backup software backs up or even reviews a file for backup.

There is a metadata field called the modified data tag (MDT) that some backup programs set it check if a file has changed since it was last backed up. Lightroom Sees this MDT as a change in the metadata and reports the files as having different metadata.
If the Metadata in the Lightroom catalog is correct and the metadata that you will export. It doesn’t matter what metadata is stored in the original sinceLightroom is your Image data manager and should be the only way that you access your master image files

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

John Cicchine

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hi Clee,

Nice to hear from you. Ok so then I will just click on "Overwrite Settings". Thank You for you help.

John