• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Not Responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longlegs

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
When my Lightroom Classic is trying to open up which takes about 3 or 4 minutes it comes up has a small 7x5ins screen which at the top says Lightroom Classic Not Responding,if i leave it after a couple of minutes it starts up still in this small screen,then this not responding will keep flashing of and on.I notice at the start a Black Box pops up behind the welcome screen it has something wrote on it but its to fast to catch what it says.This box also appears behind the Photoshop CC screen has well,this is also taking ages to start up.this only started a few days ago.Running Windows 10 Version 20H2Thank You Robert

Have you updated your graphics card driver from the manufacturer's website recently?

I had an issue the last couple days but not quite the same. All modules worked fine except the import module. It was terribly slow and kept crashing. This seemed to occur after I installed two recent Win 10 updates, KB4601319 and KB4598481. On uninstalling the first one, the problem was still there. On uninstalling the second one the problem was gone. I reinstalled the first one KB4601319 and all is good, so I figure the culprit was KB4598481. I notice that MS is no longer offering KB4598481 so perhaps they are aware of the issue. Anyway, perhaps that's your issue also but if you haven't updated Win 10 recently then it's something entirely different.

Victoria thank you.yes i have the latest drivers for my graphics card,this problem only started a few days ago,i have a similar problem with Photoshop CC that takes ages to start up.i also have Luminar AI and Infinity Photo on my Laptop.they both start up very quick,i have just tried Adobe Bridge thats came up with the same Not Responding and just sits doing nothing.opened up Invinity Photo while Bridge was doing nothing and that started up okay.seems to be the Adobe Apps.Hope this is of some use.Thank You.Robert

Victoria thank you.yes i have the latest drivers for my graphics card,this problem only started a few days ago,i have a similar problem with Photoshop CC that takes ages to start up.i also have Luminar AI and Infinity Photo on my Laptop.they both start up very quick,i have just tried Adobe Bridge thats came up with the same Not Responding and just sits doing nothing.opened up Invinity Photo while Bridge was doing nothing and that started up okay.seems to be the Adobe Apps.Hope this is of some use.Thank You.Robert
Victoria just noticed BoBTs post i think he could be right .i have that update checking the install date and my use of Lightroom it could be the problem.but it been on my pc for more than 10 days so i cannot uninstall this update.Robert

Since it's affecting all Adobe apps, it might be worth a call to Adobe Support. They're a bit rubbish with actually using the programs, but they're better with installation and OS conflicts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back