• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

No update button for LR CC and LR CC not updating since 2015.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

geejays

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I have been using LR CC on two Mac machines one on Maverics which has been updating without problem, one now on El Capitan which always shows LR as being up to date. This one is still on 2015.1 and I can't get it to update. The error message is U44M2P28
I tried the Adobe help but went round in circles on their self help until eventually getting an online chat support. He took me through once again everything I had already entered about the problem, got into my machine told me he could fix it but warned me it would take a while and that I must not navigate away. So I didn't, they did. They cut the connection because they hadn't had a response from me for a few minutes whilst it was loading. I didn't have another hour spare (it had taken that long to get through) so tried again yesterday but it took too long to get to a support person instead of going round in circles through their self-help.
Can anyone here help? Is it worth uninstalling LR CC and reinstalling? Will it affect my catalogues etc. already set up?
Graham

Welcome to the forum. CC updates are managed through the Adobe Creative Cloud App Manager. It should be running in the background and attached to the Window menubar as an icon. First this app needs to be up to date and you might need to log out and back in with your user ID to refresh the apps needing to update.

The error message should go away when you follow the above instructions. If it does not, use the CC App Manager to uninstall the LR app and reinstall the LR app.

The LR catalog is never affected by uninstalling the LR App.

Thanks for that but unfortunately it didn't help. I had already tried signing out of CC with no effect and LR CC 2015.1 still showing. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling through CC but it went to LR CC 2015. I also uninstalled and then tried downloading through the Adobe site but still get LR CC 2015 showing. I assume it should show 2015.4.
Graham

Uninstall and reinstall should do the trick - it's worked in most of the other reported cases.

Thank you both for the help. It did in fact do the trick; after I shut down overnight. On re-booting in the morning CC came up with the 'update' button and all was well. My iMac came back from upgrade yesterday and CC, Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC all seemed to have got in a tangle but a combination of signing out, signing in and uninstall and reinstall has it all working really well.
Thanks again. So much more helpful than Adobe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back