"No Photos Found"

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebeccakharding

I'm having this same problem in Windows 10 trying to import to Lightroom 6; however, with a strange twist. I recently upgraded from a Canon 60D to a Canon 90D, and am only having this issue when trying to import images I took with the Canon 90D. I shoot RAW, and always back up my images to an external memory before importing to LR.

I backed up 1000's of photos taken with my 60D and my 90D from a recent trip, then imported from the external memory to LR, but only the photos taken with my 60D imported. The photos were not on the same memory cards, but were backed up into the same file on my external memory. I verified numerous times that the photos from my 90D are indeed on my external memory.

I plugged the memory card from my 90D into my laptop memory card slot and it says "No Photos Found". I saved the photos on the memory card from my 90D to a file on my laptop, then tried to import to LR directly from my laptop, but still get "No Photos Found".

I've tried taking several more photos with my 90D just to experiment and still "No Photos Found".

I took @stefan.peters suggestion and walked away for a full 24 HOURS! Still "No Photos Found".

Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may have!​

I'm having this same problem in Windows 10 trying to import to Lightroom 6; however, with a strange twist. I recently upgraded from a Canon 60D to a Canon 90D, and am only having this issue when trying to import images I took with the Canon 90D. I shoot RAW, and always back up my images to an external memory before importing to LR.

I backed up 1000's of photos taken with my 60D and my 90D from a recent trip, then imported from the external memory to LR, but only the photos taken with my 60D imported. The photos were not on the same memory cards, but were backed up into the same file on my external memory. I verified numerous times that the photos from my 90D are indeed on my external memory.

I plugged the memory card from my 90D into my laptop memory card slot and it says "No Photos Found". I saved the photos on the memory card from my 90D to a file on my laptop, then tried to import to LR directly from my laptop, but still get "No Photos Found".

I've tried taking several more photos with my 90D just to experiment and still "No Photos Found".

I took @stefan.peters suggestion and walked away for a full 24 HOURS! Still "No Photos Found".

Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may have!​

I'm replying to my own post because I think I just came across something that answers the question I have. Instead of deleting my post, I'll leave it for some other poor sole having the same or a similar problem. Apparently LR Classic is not (yet) compatible with the Canon 90D. I found a list of compatible cameras, which refers to tethering, but is the same whether tethered or imported directly from the memory card:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

I think about every Canon EOS is on there but the 90D. Sigh. I did find an article where someone has figured out a way to replace both Canon dll's with the newest dll's from the Canon development website. This is WAY over my head. Here's the link to the page that has the article. I may or may not be able to figure this out. Wish me luck!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/ligh...nized-for-tethering-in-ligthroom/m-p/10612660

I'm replying to my own post because I think I just came across something that answers the question I have. Instead of deleting my post, I'll leave it for some other poor sole having the same or a similar problem. Apparently LR Classic is not (yet) compatible with the Canon 90D. I found a list of compatible cameras, which refers to tethering, but is the same whether tethered or imported directly from the memory card:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

I think about every Canon EOS is on there but the 90D. Sigh. I did find an article where someone has figured out a way to replace both Canon dll's with the newest dll's from the Canon development website. This is WAY over my head. Here's the link to the page that has the article. I may or may not be able to figure this out. Wish me luck!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/ligh...nized-for-tethering-in-ligthroom/m-p/10612660

You're looking at the wrong list. Tethering support is a different thing to camera raw support, and it's the latter you need in order to import raw files. The raw support list is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

You will see that the 90D has been supported since Lightroom Classic version 8.4, so that means that anything earlier than that (e.g. your LR6) cannot process raw files from that camera. Your options are therefore:

1. Use the free Adobe DNG Converter to convert your raw files from the 90D into the DNG format (still raw files), which LR6 would then be able to process.
2. Upgrade to an Adobe subscription plan, giving you access to the latest version of Lightroom Classic (currently 10.4) which does support the 90D.

You're looking at the wrong list. Tethering support is a different thing to camera raw support, and it's the latter you need in order to import raw files. The raw support list is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

You will see that the 90D has been supported since Lightroom Classic version 8.4, so that means that anything earlier than that (e.g. your LR6) cannot process raw files from that camera. Your options are therefore:

1. Use the free Adobe DNG Converter to convert your raw files from the 90D into the DNG format (still raw files), which LR6 would then be able to process.
2. Upgrade to an Adobe subscription plan, giving you access to the latest version of Lightroom Classic (currently 10.4) which does support the 90D.
Thank you for the information, Jim! I'm not very technical and this is a great help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back