• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The May 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. There's a brand new slider called Texture, available across the whole family of apps. Lightroom Classic includes a new tool called Flat Field Correction. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has lots of big improvements including cloud trash, invitation-only web galleries, improved chromatic aberration removal and more. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes. You'll also notice the CC's have disappeared off the end of the names, so we've updated the forum names to match.

No Olympus cameras listed at Lens corrections

Georg Lulich

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Operating System: OS X 10.11.6
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): Classic CC

No Olympus cameras are listed under Lens corrections, LR shows "Unknown" even with Import, although the camera profile (Olympus ZX-2) is in the Resources folder. What can I do about that?

Screen 2018-02-20 kl. 09.13.36.jpg

Hal P Anderson

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Olympus lens corrections are applied in camera for JPEGs and Lightroom automatically applies them to raw files. You don't have to do anything.
2018-02-20 05_23_20-5-2-2 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg

Georg Lulich

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Olympus lens corrections are applied in camera for JPEGs and Lightroom automatically applies them to raw files. You don't have to do anything.
View attachment 10651
Thank you so much for taking your time to explain!

The strange thing is, that in my latest CC Classic 7.2 CR 10.2 (I use the Swedish as primary language) it says: "No matching profile was possible to find automatically" with a warning sign. Feels quite confusing, as your Windows version indicates a reassuring solution. Hm …

Screen 2018-02-20 kl. 10.35.28.jpg

Hal P Anderson

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Notice the other arrow. You need to remove the check mark from "Aktivera...".

Georg Lulich

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Notice the other arrow. You need to remove the check mark from "Aktivera...".
Yes, I was thinking about that, in that case it shows absolutely nothing where the warning was earlier. It is probably as you say, LR applies the correct lens profile, but in the OSX version does it "secretly" … Probably poor programming of the interface I guess. Anyway, I think this should be communicated clearly (like in W) to avoid confusion.

It feels, however, better now, thank you for you kindness and time Hal! :)

Hal P Anderson

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Lightroom will not say anything if you are looking at a JPEG. The camera has already applied corrections in that case.

mcasan

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Both with my E-M1s of the past and my current E-M1 II bodies....Lr auto does lens corrections when using any of my Olympus Pro lenses. Zero problems. Same goes for my friends who use m43 Panasonic system bodies and lenses.

Ian.B

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
That's just another reason to use olympus camera ;)

davidedric

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Just to add a wrinkle. If you Import a Panasonic (and I assume Olympus) RAW into Lightroom and then pass the RAW to DxO PhotoLab or earlier, PhotoLab ignores the Lightroom correction and apples its own. So if you pass it back as a TIFF or whatever, you'll have two images with different corrections applied.

Dave