• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

No more outside links

Status
Not open for further replies.

aphovasse

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 9.2.1 [ 202004070813-7699d98a ]
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Long time user of Lightroom, newest version, running on the latest Catalina (I know that may be my problem) So, I have been sharing over a dozen collection folders with friends and family for the last few months, and everything worked well, until today. Suddenly, the collection folders don't have the little arrow showing they can be shared. Nothing, the folders are there, the numbers of photos in each folder is ok, but.... I checked my online account and see that the folders show sharing but clearly not today's input of photos. Help! I am using a new iMac which has been giving me a lot of problems (they're sending me a new one, but it could be a software issue) today, Lightroom froze on me for no reason. Everything else was working fine, but LR just froze. I rebooted, ran the disk utility and rebooted LR. It took a long time to come back up and clearly something happened. Can anyone help? Is there an on/off switch somewhere? I've looked.
I'm very grateful for any assistance. My work is backing up.
Thanks in advance
AP

The synchronsation can be switched off. Maybe that's what happened when LR freezed on you today. If that whats happened you can switch it on again by clicking on the identity plate:
identityplate.jpg

Attachments

• identityplate.jpg
    identityplate.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 137
I rebooted for the nth time, other issues, and it all came back. Go figure. I thought it was the computer, but now I'm thinking there's a clash of software between Catalina and LR. Sure hope they sort things out, it's very annoying. Anyways, thanks for your help.

I have no issues with the same combination, so I don't know what Adobe could 'sort out' without knowing what your problem is. This is something you need to troubleshoot yourself if it returns (with help here or from Adobe, of course), because this must be something on your computer.

I hope you are right, Apple is getting me a new computer as this one has been a nightmare. I’ve been on Apple Support 6 times all with different solutions (Clean install among others) but it still freezes etc. I read on some forums that LR and Catalina 10.15 were having compatibility issues hence my comment. The new iMac will have more ram, maybe that will help.

Thanks again for your comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back