• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

No License only use as catalog

Status
Not open for further replies.

74mdd6s1p2md

Lightroom Version Number
Classic
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Hi I am a long term user of Lightroom Classic, currently I do not have a license and I have been using it like this for some time, Previosly I has a subscription but I was not using any other products so I stopped it.

I remember reading somewhere that no license is needed to use Lightroom to manage a catalog but recently I keep getting messages that imply I need a license. I believe that without a license LR is restricted but as I only use a small subset of its capabilities this has never been an issue for me.

Can any one confirm the current situation regarding licenses for LR classic, I am in the UK.

Thanks

Nothing's changed as far as I know. What's the message you're getting?

Nothing is stopping the app working but each time I start it I get a splash screen that says:

"Your Lightroom Classic subscription has ended. Renew or upgrade today" It then offers the option to purchase Creative Cloud Photography plan and Creative Cloud All Apps and has a link to other plans. None of the plans is just LR for catalog only.

I don't think I used to get this every time I started the program so was wondering if something had changed?

Oh that's just "encouragement" to resubscribe. Of course they'd like you to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back