• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Import No exif metadata showing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeshaMathes

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom classic
Operating System
  1. Windows 11
I'm using a Sony a7r iv. When I download my photos they no longer show basic metadata(lens, settings e.t.c. ). I don't know if it's a setting or if it's my camera or the large files? When I right click and go to properties then details and the only thing that's there is the size of the photo. I need help.

When I right click and go to properties then details and the only thing that's there is the size of the photo
Are you saying that the metadata is not showing in Windows Explorer or LrC? Windows and LrC do not necessarily show the same XMP, EXIF,IPTC etc data for specific named fields.

Are you looking at the Details tab of the properties window?

And what do you see in the Metadata panel of LRC after you import one of the images?

How about a screen shot of the metadata panel in LRC? Make sure the dropdown is set to EXIF:
2022-02-18 16_15_16-5-2-2-2-v10-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

In the Metadata panel, make sure the Default tagset is selected. If you only see blank fields, like this:
1645215209800.png

then click the little icon in the upper-left corner. That toggles between Edit Only Mode and View And Edit Mode, as explained by the tool tips:

1645215381617.png
1645215404656.png

When I upgraded to LR 11, this new toggle was initially in Edit Only Mode, which is obviously not a good default.

Thank you guys so much, I've been ready to beat my head against the wall! I scrolled down and yes it was set on default instead of exif. Now everything's there. You are amazing!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back