• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Import No effect of changing Raw Defaults for Canon R5 raw import

Status
Not open for further replies.

trilo

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR classic 10.3 release
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Importing Canon R5 photos using "adobe default" in Raw Defaults settings , the complete lens correction profile is applied automatically (remove chromatic aberration & enable profile corrections). I dont want this, but I am unable to disable the lens corrections for import. I disabled all lens corrections >within< the camera and and then created an override for the R5 in LR Preferences / Presets using "Camera settings" as default. Even then the lens corrections are applied by LR during import.
With a Canon 5D mIV and earlier cameras this problem does not exist: even using "adobe default" there are no lens corrections applied. This seems logical for me, since lens corrections are primary part of develope settings and not raw processing in my opinion.
My fault? Bug in LR? Any ideas?

Can you disable them in the Develop module (just for some cameras you can't)? If you can, you can just create a preset with them disabled and set that as your default.

Can you disable them in the Develop module (just for some cameras you can't)? If you can, you can just create a preset with them disabled and set that as your default.
Yes, you can disable them, and yes a preset can be created to disable them. I put in a bug report about this behaviour a couple of months ago (the issue was introduced in 10.2), hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Thank you both! That solved my problem - even it may be a workaround!

Next I will try to add a profile to this preset, that is not a Adobe one but a 3rd party (ColorFidelity for R5).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back