• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again and there's some big feature improvements as well as new lenses and bug fixes! See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes.

Import no display of pictures

foto-9ers.at

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version
lightroom classic 11.4.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Dear community,
I don't know why - but LR doesn't show any previews in import dialogue! I tried any combination of options. Just an empty screen :-O
Even uninstall and new installtion doesn't change anything. I'm frustrated due to many hours I'm invested.
Any ideas?

best regards from Tyrol,
Harald

Solution
I tried to create a new Windows User on my computer. With this new user, I've created a new catalog for testing.
Surprise: import dialogue shows now the pictures that I would like to import.
Is it possible that there is a problem on local Windows roaming "AppData"-Directories?
Now I try to read some articles...

Regards
Harald
Success: after creating a new local user on my windows computer, lightroom classic was able to show import images as usual again! I compared content of both users in c:\users\<username>/appdata/roaming/adobe/lightroom and merged them together to keep my LR-settings. After dozen startups and shutdowns in Lightroom Classic and finally successful tests with in newly created user, I copied the merged and...

foto-9ers.at

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I tried to create a new Windows User on my computer. With this new user, I've created a new catalog for testing.
Is it possible that there is a problem on local Windows roaming "AppData"-Directories?

Regards
Harald

foto-9ers.at

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic

Regards
Harald
Success: after creating a new local user on my windows computer, lightroom classic was able to show import images as usual again! I compared content of both users in c:\users\<username>/appdata/roaming/adobe/lightroom and merged them together to keep my LR-settings. After dozen startups and shutdowns in Lightroom Classic and finally successful tests with in newly created user, I copied the merged and cleaned directory back to old user!
If I have time, I will analyze the faulty configuration entry.

Hopefully some else helps this documentation.
Best regards from Tyrol, the heart of the alps
Harald

Solution