• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

No backup on exit

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwh

Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Using Lightroom CC Version 4.4 - Win 10. When exiting the dialogue to backup catalog does not appear.? Under menu items I see no option to optimize catalog or any catalog settings? Also cannot find the LR catalo (lrcat) in Explorer?

If you're really using 4.4, the catalogue is kept in the cloud, so Adobe is responsible for maintaining backups of it. That also explains why you can't find it on one of your hard drives.

Thank you...I am used to classic but obviously no worries unless the cloud crashes!

Thank you...I am used to classic but obviously no worries unless the cloud crashes!

Lightroom Classic backups offer more than an assurance that your data is always there. With a Classic backup you have an ability to go back in time to recover from mistakes. When you delete an image in Classic, you delete its history from the catalog file. When you delete an image from cloudy, you have 60 days to “undelete” before it is permanently gone. And since there is no trail of prior backups, in cloudy your ability to recovered an image from an earlier state is limited.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back