• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Nil value error on export

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcapaldo

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Operating System: High Sierra
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): Classic 7.1

I've been slowly upgrading to Classic CC. I have 3 different catalogues. The two smaller ones converted without problems.

I have my archived large catalogue (134K photos) and it will not convert fully. I can open the catalogue. It will show one photo per folder in grid view. The other photos show blank. If I click on a photo, it will show it after some time.

When I try to export a photo, it gives the error: Unable to export. An internal error has occurred. ?:0 attempt to index a nil value.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

Same error here. I exported another group of images with no problem minutes ago. Now selected a different group of photos and trying to export but get this error.

Lightroom Version Classic 7

Same error here. I exported another group of images with no problem minutes ago. Now selected a different group of photos and trying to export but get this error.

Lightroom Version Classic 7
I think I narrowed it down to one image that was causing my error. I still don't know what the error is... but once I tried exporting the images in smaller groups rather than all 75 images at once, I was able to narrow it down to one problematic image. Again, I still don't know why this image is causing this error. But I'm glad to be able to export the rest of my images! I will update if I find anything more on this.

I think I narrowed it down to one image that was causing my error. I still don't know what the error is... but once I tried exporting the images in smaller groups rather than all 75 images at once, I was able to narrow it down to one problematic image. Again, I still don't know why this image is causing this error. But I'm glad to be able to export the rest of my images! I will update if I find anything more on this.
I figured it out! I went back to delete that image from lightroom (not from the disk) and found out there were actually 7 images that did not import correctly. I went back to re- import them and everything works fine! Easy fix!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back