• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Nikon Z6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Rogers

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom CC version 2.3
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hi,
When I connect my Z6 to my Mac, Lightroom CC doesn't recognise it, though Apple's Image Capture does. Is this a Nikon, Adobe or a Mac problem? Is it likely to be permanent? Can you help please?
Peter Rogers

Is Image Capture popping up automatically Peter? If so, does it become available to LR if you close Image Capture?

Open Image Capture.
Insert your XQD Card in the Card Reader (preferred over using the camera as a card reader)
At the bottom of image capture, In the "Import to:" Dropdown list box, choose your Lightroom app. as the target.

Is Image Capture popping up automatically Peter? If so, does it become available to LR if you close Image Capture?

No. I opened Image Capture via Finder and Applications. I saw it offered as a work around for those with the same problem as me. However, I now find that LRCC does recognise the camera directly, so the problem is resolved. Could it be that Image Capture established a link between CC and the camera, and LRCC was subsequently able to make use of it? Loved your book on LRCC Edit Like a Pro; absolutely indispensible reading. Many thanks.
Peter Rogers.

Open Image Capture.
Insert your XQD Card in the Card Reader (preferred over using the camera as a card reader)
At the bottom of image capture, In the "Import to:" Dropdown list box, choose your Lightroom app. as the target.
Thanks for this. Lightroom CC always recognised the attached card reader immediately. It was only the Z6 camera that it did not recognise. Hence the need for a work around using Image Capture to transfer the images to my hardrive and then importing them to Light room CC from there.
Peter Rogers

Thanks for this. Lightroom CC always recognised the attached card reader immediately. It was only the Z6 camera that it did not recognise. Hence the need for a work around using Image Capture to transfer the images to my hardrive and then importing them to Light room CC from there.
Peter Rogers

Image Capture is a two part app. It is always resident to manage images devices. The GUI does not show up until the resident part calls it. If you have instructed the app to invoke LR, the GUI part never gets invoked and LR gets invoked instead.
If LR is already running, the import dialogue opens in LR when ever a camera card or camera is connected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Image Capture is a two part app. It is always resident to manage images devices. The GUI does not show up until the resident part calls it. If you have instructed the app to invoke LR, the GUI part never gets invoked and LR gets invoked instead.
If LR is already running, the import dialogue opens in LR when ever a camera card or camera is connected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. This is very helpful. Iam all set up now.
Peter Rogers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back