• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The November 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic includes the ability to export the same photos as multiple sizes/formats in a single export, content aware fill for panorama edges and more. It does require a catalog format upgrade and there are updated system requirements, so you may want to wait a few days before upgrading.
    Lightroom (cloud-based service) has export options (such as TIFF format, renaming and color space), custom sort order on the desktop, copy/paste to multiple photos on iOS and more.
    The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.

Nikon WT-4 Wireless Transmiter

Guy McCue

Can someone tell me how well this works in combination with a D3'' and Camera Pro software?

Thanks,
Guy

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Guy McCue;1'237 said:
Can someone tell me how well this works in combination with a D3'' and Camera Pro software?

Thanks,
Guy
No idea Guy but you may want to try asking on this forum:
http://www.nikoncafe.com/
They are a friendly bunch........;)

wblink

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Guy McCue;1'237 said:
Guy
Let me know what you want to know. If it is permitted here (it's about NIKON not aboutLR, so off topic), else by email.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
wblink;1'26' said:
If it is permitted here (it's about NIKON not aboutLR, so off topic), else by email.
This is in Off-Topic/Equipment, so chat away to your heart's content.

Guy McCue

I have read some mixed reports on the Nikon wireless units preceeding the Wt-4 about them not working at distances as advertised. Along with this intermitten transmissions that are not a complete file. My guess is that NIkon has learned and improved each generation, and that the WT-4 should be well worth its cost. What distance are you getting with a clear line of site? Are there any issues with shutter lag. Have you had any issues with the software? My plan is to use this for wildlife.

wblink

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Guy McCue;1'237 said:
Can someone tell me how well this works in combination with a D3'' and Camera Pro software?Guy

OK, allowed here :).

I have NOT tried or even possesed the WT4. I would like to, but it is rather expensive for the things you can do with it.

What I searched for: Install my camera, see on my laptop (cosy & warm in my car about 1'' mtrs away after several hours of waiting) my camera and shoot at the right moment. It only works with CPC2, so that is another "FistFull of Dollars" to spend. I do not remeber if you can adjust camera settings like shutter, difragm or any ther thing, but I do remember you can play with CPC2 for 3' days and all will be clarified.

I do things now with a fieldscope (I sisi possess that already) and a wireless remote control ($6'), but I would like to use the WT4 with CPC2.

If money permits.

wblink

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
wblink;1'3'4 said:
OK, allowed here :).

Oops forgot an IMPORTANT thing:

Try out the thing with:

CCP2 with an USB cable attached to you camera and you will have exact the same options as you would have with WT4 and CCP2 on WiFi.