Nikon users: What's your favorite profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Sirota

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Please vote for your favorite profile, the one you'd generally use as a starting point.

If there's a particular reason you can vocalize, please elaborate!

And for all the Canon users feeling left out, how about we follow up with a Canon poll in a week or two?

Because there can only be one on the front page, and I didn't want to confuse people!!!

Because as Gilles T. so aptly put it on another forum, they're the most 'offensive'. :)

(I'm sure he meant the most vocal, but the idiom translates humorously from his native
French.)

Because there can only be one on the front page, and I didn't want to confuse people!!!
Ah, but the front page does not say Nikon. That will be confusing!

So I changed it and added the word Nikon!

:cheesy:

Don

Ah, but the front page does not say Nikon. That will be confusing!

So I changed it and added the word Nikon!

:cheesy:

Don

I can see Canon users responding to the D2X profiles !!!:lol::lol:

D2X Mode I for general Photrography.....Mode III for Landscapes.

The contrast curve is very pleasing to me, & the colors are the most life like.

D2X Mode I is the standard.

Len

Please vote for your favorite profile, the one you'd generally use as a starting point.

If there's a particular reason you can vocalize, please elaborate!

I´m vocalizing.....

Generally I use Camera standard, but I also often use Portrait and Landscape when the motive demands it.
I really like to be able to quickly change the overall setting this way and the profiles are really great! No need for Capture.....

Just like Kjell I base my starting profile on the shoot: Portrait, Landscape or Camera Standard.

I have Lightroom set up to use Camera Vivid as default, because that's how I shoot. I love vivid, bold color, but since I shoot RAW, that color is pretty much neutralized on import into Lightroom, so I set Lightroom to automatically apply the Camera Vivid calibration preset to all my RAW files.

I'll make ya famous

I'm a manual user and I shoot in RAW most of the time. Then I go to LR2 where I have a bunch of filters to play around with. I also use CS2 with other filters and framing abilities.

Love my Nikon but respect the other manufacturers as well.

i just had to look up what the dx modes were supposed to be used for! i had no idea, but i voted for 2dx mode 2 as it looked the most natural. turns out its Adobe RGB where the other two are sRGB variants for skin and landscapes respectively. If the truth be known i made my own profiles using the profile editor and a macbeth chart... but the 2dx was the best of the above. (The others make caucasian people look like lobsters in my humble opinion. I've have to consider that maybe I do actually look like a lobster but can't admit it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back