Nikon D6100 Tethered Import in Tiff

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonRicklin

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Hey, gang, long time no posts from me here. Been busy in my day job...

Hope you are all well. Seems I have come back to a major change in the forum software. :D

I am asking for my boss. She runs a Museum Collections processing room where she has volunteers shoot a tethered Nikon D6100 to have images of collections items. They are required to be stored as Tiffs. To make it simple for them she would like to have the tethered import process convert them to tiff directly to LR, while copying them to the storage drive. Is there an import preset that exists somewhere or can be easily created for this to happen similar to convert to DNG and Copy, that is built in for import use?

I still shoot a Canon D5 III, currently.

Don

No. But use Jeffrey Friedl's Blog » Jeffrey’s “Folder Publisher” Lightroom Plugin or collection publisher.
So you can point the publish folder to the storage drive, set the export preset to TIFF. Then you just have to tell Lr to publish.

Tim
Yeah, I mentioned that kind of thing to her, but that is an extra post step she would rather not have and mean double files stored. So they have to erase, them. They are using another software for managing the file database.

I know Jeffrey and thinking of asking him if it is possible to write an port preset that might do something like this.

Don

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back