• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Import Nikon D500 Nef files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAJ

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Operating System:W10

Lightroom Version: 6.0
(Please go to Help menu > System Info to double check the exact version number)

Question or Description of Problem:I have Lr v6.0 perpetual and up until getting a Nikon D500 had no problems....... Apparently my version Lr will not recognise or work with the D500's NEF files. I understand that it is supported from v's 6.5. Is there a patch or anything free I can use or do to get this working??
Hope you good people can help.
Many thanks
Neil

You should update to the latest version. The update is free.

You should update to the latest version. The update is free.
Yes thanks John....Problem is that when I click on Updates it only offers me the upgrade to CC !! If I accept this will it not start costing a monthly fee?

There is no difference in code between the two versions. This is an annoying way of Adobe to try to get you to subscribe, but you can simply ignore it. You can also download the updater from here
Download Photoshop Lightroom

You Sir are a God amongst men!! Just Upgraded and everything working A-OK.
Thank you very much Johan.
Now!.....How do I use it?
Just kidding!!
Thanks again.
Neil.

Hold on folks!!!...Turned PC on tonight, clicked on Lr...Lr comes on but is unresponsive! It just sits there with the Hour glass showing instead of the arrow. Where ever I put the hour glass nothing lights up. I right click and I get the dreaded Lr is not responding and so on and so forth...Left it for half an hour and it still didn't sort itself out.
Any ideas anybody??

I have now reset the preferences (Deleted the 6.0 preferences) and now instead of the hour glass I get the hand symbol. If I don't click on anything it all comes alive after about 2 mins, if I do click on anything before this I get the Not responding message and eventually have to close the program as it is obviously hanging.
Any more ideas?

I'm afraid it might be your catalog in that case. Move the catalog folder to another place, so Lightroom can't find it. It will then ask you what to do. Create a new catalog and see if Lightroom can work with that one. If so, your existing catalog may be corrupted. If not, Lightroom itself may be corrupted and should reinstalled.

Well...I Deleted the Catalog and clicked to create a new one, I now have The Library with the normal pointer but still Hanging.
I think I will reload Lr....Should I Delete the program then reload from 6.0 disc and then update to 6.12 or is there some other better way of going about it?

Last edited:
OK! I have Deleted previous Lr, reloaded and upgraded to 6.12 again......Still very slow to load and if clicked on too early will go unresponsive.
I think I may have to wipe whole PC and start again again.
Thank you kindly for your help Johan.
Will let you know how it goes.

Ok, I haven't reloaded the PC yet but I have found that Lr is working ok except for taking a couple of mins to get up and running....I have absolutely no idea why!
Thanks for all the help I will see how I go from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back