Not open for further replies.

stevevp

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Operating System: OS 10.12(6)
Exact Lightroom Version 7.0.1

I've been experimenting with Nik Collection on my rMBP and have come across a problem with Color Efex Pro 4. I have chosen the LR "Edit In" option, edited the image in Color Efex and then clicked Save. The image saves back to LR as a tiff ok. Although the updated edited image can then be seen in the Library Grid View and in the film strip, the Develop loupe view shows the original image without the Nik edits. This doesn't happen eg with Silver Efex Pro 2 which reimports ok and edits can be seen in Develop - I have not tried the other Nik apps.

If I close and reopen LR the edits then show but am I missing something or is there another way to force the image in Develop to reload?

Thanks in advance.

Stevevp,

If the image comes back in and Develop shows it unedited, go to your History panel and click on the top entry. Does the image resolve to the edited version when you do this?

Hi Rikk,
Many thanks for your reply. The History panel for the reimported tiff is empty, no entries at all.
Steve

Operating System: OS 10.12(6)
Exact Lightroom Version 7.0.1

I've been experimenting with Nik Collection on my rMBP and have come across a problem with Color Efex Pro 4. I have chosen the LR "Edit In" option, edited the image in Color Efex and then clicked Save. The image saves back to LR as a tiff ok. Although the updated edited image can then be seen in the Library Grid View and in the film strip, the Develop loupe view shows the original image without the Nik edits. This doesn't happen eg with Silver Efex Pro 2 which reimports ok and edits can be seen in Develop - I have not tried the other Nik apps.

If I close and reopen LR the edits then show but am I missing something or is there another way to force the image in Develop to reload?

Thanks in advance.

This sounds like a bug in the caching algorithm. Empty the cache? Do you have enough free space on the disk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back