• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Newbie with Question about Tethering in LR 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kj4hi

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Hello: I am new to LR. I have the Canon 7D and have been trying to tether to LR4. I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression that when tethered, one could actually see live what they are shooting on the computer screen. I can take pictures fine and they come into LR, but my hope was to be able to see what I am about to shoot in a larger format and resolution before snapping the shutter. If this is possible, please share with me what to do.
Thanks,
Phil
KJ4HI

Live view is not currently possible with Lightroom's Tethering.

Thank you

The Canon "Utility" software that is supplied with the camera allows you to shoot tethered. LR would then be used as part of your import workflow.

Thanks. I had to update the EOS Utility and was able to get the camera to show live on the computer. Then I brought those images into LR. I wonder why Adobe does not offer this feature in LR and make it a complete solution?

Phil

Because Adobe works from Canon's SDK (Software Development Kit). If it's not in there, then it's insane to try to put it in Lightroom. Just chasing a moving target.

You could also assign the tethered folder as a "watched folder" in lr to bring the photos into your wf.

Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back