Status
Not open for further replies.

oleleclos

Light, Colour, Form and Texture
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Hi everyone. I joined this forum very recently, but have a longish history in photography. I was a commercial photographer in Copenhagen in the 1970s before going into IT and other businesses, and when I picked up a camera for artistic expression later on, the digital revolution had caught up with photography.

I therefore started working with Photoshop in the mid 90s, but never really got to like it because of its “destructive” nature. I like Lighroom much better for three important reasons: It is non-destructive, it feels very intuitive to someone who knows darkroom techniques, and in addition to being a first class editor, it is a super organisational tool.

In the beginning I was just playing it by ear, but my Lightroom use really took off when I discovered Julianne Kost’s training videos. I’m a big fan but don’t see them mentioned much on this forum, so I hope it’s OK to promote them a bit if people ask how to get started. I can’t think of a better way.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum oleleclos! Great to hear you're enjoying Lightroom so much. Whereabouts on Guernsey? I visited a couple of years ago and fell in love with the island.

Hi Victoria, and thanks. As you know Guernsey is a small island, but half of it still manages to stay fairly rural, mainly to the west and south. That’s where my wife and I are lucky enough to live, near King’s Mills as shown in the attached Google Earth clip.

I hope you enjoyed making pictures while you were in Guernsey. I am in love with the island’s light and colour and have had the chance to show some of my work both in exhibitions and online: Guernsey Light & Colour

Guernsey.jpg

Oh, your photos brought back some lovely memories! I think Guernsey tops the list of my favorite places, and I'd go back in a heartbeat (and no doubt will!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back