New W10 PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

wblink

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
I am on W7/32 now, so no LR6 for me :-(.
W10 is coming, my PC is a bit old, so I think it is a good moment to buy a new one. Would like Apple, but those prices .....

What I have been offered:
Antec P280 with soundbarrier
Intel Core I7-5820K 3.3 Ghz
Scythe Mugen 4 (120 mm fan)
MSI X99S SLI Plus 8* USB 3.0, 2* USB 2
32 Gb DDR4
Nvidia Geforce GTX960
2* Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD
W10 Pro

Is there any overkill in this configuration?
Is there somethig that could be better?

Arguably just for photo work it might be overkill. Something better? For what - gaming? I'd love to have that system!

Arguably just for photo work it might be overkill. Something better? For what - gaming? I'd love to have that system!

I think it is overkill too.

WHAT would you drop?

Last edited:
It's always a good time to go Apple.:D

I would like an offer I cannot refuse. Please make a solid suggestion and don't look at the system I proposed. I would like to go Apple, but whenever I compare the systems to Windows there is a big gap in price.
I am willing to pay the price (I like Apple), but have to be sure, because for me it is a very high spending.

Victoria posted a couple of days ago that W10 and LR6/CC are not fully comparable atm; however it should not be long before its all sorted

I can't make any comments about your question other then ask how much work/filing/editing will you be doing? Work/personal? How about monitor?
Most would say it's never an over kill as we all seem to have a need for bigger faster machines
I use a ASUS i7 8gb lappy, external keyboard and a Dell monitor. The lappy is not on the desk. Works OK for my personal photography but I expect to need a new computer within a couple of years. What I'm saying is try and buy the machine you will need in a few years. And they say photography is easy and cheap these days:rolleyes:

Sorry I cannot be of more help and the questions are asked hoping others may jump in with more answers if they see your answers

Thanks to all.

I will buy the "machine" as exposed here: an incredible overkill for my needs NOW, but future proof.

Last edited:
Maybe I got a permanent case of the wants but every time time I've talked myself into the cheaper option for computer hardware I've regretted it. 'Course right now I'm playin, er testing a sub $ 50.00 Android Tablet☺

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back