• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

New uploads being shown as created in 1948!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

missedbeat

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom v4.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
Having had dalliances outside of the Adobe stable I have decided that Lr in the cloud is the best for me! I have today imported 100k photos without an issue.
I have just added 82 more, a mixture of .orf and .heic images, and then couldn't then find them within Lr using the Date list.
Doing a search I found them in December 1948 in the Date list. Clicking on info for one of the images and the created detail is correct part from the year!!
Being paranoid I have set Lr to keep a copy of the originals locally. Looking in there these new files are correctly listed in the 2020 hierachy.
I can of course now adjust the capture time to the correct year but am wondering if someone has an explanation!?

If you are searching by capture Date and Dec. 1948 shows up. I would check the date settings in the camera.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you are searching by capture Date and Dec. 1948 shows up. I would check the date settings in the camera.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for the thought but it is not out of camera as sourced from two different cameras and the original files stored locally within the Lr system shows the correct Capture Date!?

PRH

Hi

Can you just advise if the files have been touched (looked at, worked on) in any other software? Just looking at odd things that may cause (it isn't expected behavior, which I guess you know!)

Sometime before I imported these new files I had changed the date on a number of files that had come in with existing date of 2028 that were in fact family photos scanned from 1956. I therefore used the dialog box to edit the date by reducing by 72 years.

After that I simply imported the new images and they were placed in a folder 72 years before actual date without changing the capture date of the original file stored locally . For some reason the Import process had adjusted capture date of the Cloud Image. I have since adjusted the date on all the images and all is now as it should.

I think this explains what happened but not why!?

PRH

Interesting the 72 years - I appreciate you said they were 2028 (why?) but 2020 - 72 = 1948...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back