• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

new upgrade problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

barryb1717

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
It appears that the new 10.3 upgrade has screwed up my LR classic. My preferences changed and I can no longer find some files. The folder structure used to be in the develop module, but has disappeared. Its now only in the library module.
Have you had similar complaints?

Is there a way to go back to my previous version?

Thanks.

The folder structure used to be in the develop module, but has disappeared. Its now only in the library module.
It has always been that way.

This is an interesting thing. Each time Lightroom is updated, somebody is convinced that the previous version included something that was never there…

Perhaps you are thinking of the Collections Panel which is visibile in both the Library and Develop modules?

personally, I always wait a month or two before upgrading my apps to the new release. Early "new faults" are to be expected.

The real problem I am having is that I have files that did not migrate to the new version. When I upgraded to 10.3, I also upgraded the catalog. If I roll back to the previous version, would I simply choose the previous catalog after rolling the version back?
Thanks.

The real problem I am having is that I have files that did not migrate to the new version. When I upgraded to 10.3, I also upgraded the catalog. If I roll back to the previous version, would I simply choose the previous catalog after rolling the version back?
Thanks.
The v10.2 catalog structure required no upgrade when installing v10.3 What version of Lightroom classic did you have installed before upgrading to v10.3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back