• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

New Quick Link in Windows Explorer (how do you remove)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tspear

Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Operating System: Windows 10

Lightroom Version: Lr Classic

Question or Description of Problem:
The tittle pretty much says it all. How do you get rid of the "Creative Cloud Files" link?
I have no interest in the Adobe Cloud, or the creative files.....

Tim

This is linked to your Adobe Assets webspace Adobe Creative Cloud Think of it as another DropBox folder that syncs to Adobe instead Drop Box It comes with your subscription (and has been there some time)

I just switched to Windows from the Mac for Lr.
I do not want it or need it. Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

Tim

Is there a delete key on your Windows keyboard? :) I won't guarantee that this empty folder won't get re created the next time you update. Folders take up zero bytes on the disk drive so it is kinda pointless to remove it, especially if the Adobe Creative Cloud Application Manager is going to recreate it some time in the future

Is there a delete key on your Windows keyboard? :) I won't guarantee that this empty folder won't get re created the next time you update. Folders take up zero bytes on the disk drive so it is kinda pointless to remove it, especially if the Adobe Creative Cloud Application Manager is going to recreate it some time in the future

Not worried about the folder. But the link on the left inside Windows Explorer. Unless Microsoft changed things, to be on left as a root item in the folder view you need to be running an active process.
Plus it takes up space on the left, and and I have enough things there I actually care about (and a lot I do not that MS added).

Tim

upload_2017-10-22_20-24-15.png

I figured a pic would help. I am talking about the Creative Cloud Files on the left.

Tim

It is a link to a folder. It can be deleted And if you delete the original folder I'll bet the Quick link will either go away of turn into some nebulous icon that no longer has a definition

It is a link to a folder. It can be deleted And if you delete the original folder I'll bet the Quick link will either go away of turn into some nebulous icon that no longer has a definition
Oh, that folder was deleted a while ago. And it does not go away.....

Tim

I'd guess removing it from the Quick Access link would involve similar registry edits to those needed to remove other similar links such as Dropbox or OneDrive. Google should show you how.....

I’ve answered this question elsewhere in the last day or so, so apologies if it was your question! In the CC app, go to Preferences, Creative Cloud tab, then Files section. There’s a checkbox to turn off file sync. Then you can delete the folder and in theory it won’t come back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, sync is still turned off, folder does not exist and now the stupid link is back.
And gives an error when you click on it. Any other ideas on how to get rid of it?

Tim

I'm like you Tim, I like everything to be nice and tidy in my workspace. But I can't understand why right click > remove doesn't work ?

I'm like you Tim, I like everything to be nice and tidy in my workspace. But I can't understand why right click > remove doesn't work ?
Not available as an option.

Tim

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

There is an on going discussion on an adobe forum about that: How do I remove the 'Creative Cloud Files' fold... | Adobe Community
A few more or less dirty hacks are suggested, which seem to work for some, but not for all.
Apparently Adobe has "decided", that it's the fault of Windows 10 and haven't posted there again.

That really is pathetic. I switched to Windows because Apple kept making my life more annoying. So this is my first install of Adobe on Windows where I actually use the system on a regular basis.
Adobe not willing to fix such a fundamental issue, and continued requirements for a folder to exist, and interfere with the navigational window pane is just unconscionable. As a programmer, I know this is not hard to do. In addition, I do not need one more app hanging around in memory consuming resources, and slowing down the boot.
The whole CC aspect, should be optional installation.

Tim

For those willing, if you use regedit. You can remove it from Explorer, but it does not shutdown the service.
Here is my key: Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{0E270DAA-1BE6-48F2-AC49-050C4405A29E}
I found it by searching for "System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree"
When you find one with a label of "Creative Cloud Files", chage the value from 1 to 0. It will remove it from the Explorer display.

Minor note: you have to reset the value pretty much after every new release of Lr.

Now to see if I can chase down and kill the service.

Why not just hide this link ?
- Right click on this folder > Properties
- In the "General" tab, check "Hide"
- Validate by clicking "OK"
- Close and reopen Windows Explorer : the link shouldn't appear.

You can then make it reappear at any time by checking the option "Show hidden files" in the Windows Explorer display options.

Why not just hide this link ?
- Right click on this folder > Properties
- In the "General" tab, check "Hide"
- Validate by clicking "OK"
- Close and reopen Windows Explorer : the link shouldn't appear.

You can then make it reappear at any time by checking the option "Show hidden files" in the Windows Explorer display options.

When I tried previously, that did not remove it from the Explorer Tree view on the left.

The Hide option worked in Win7 (which I use). I tested it on Win10 and effectively, it doesn't work anymore for this kind of link. I appoligize for this erroneous advice..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back