• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

new post button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian.B

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I disappear for a few week or so someone nicks the new post button. I tried the local cop shop but they to ask Victoria :rolleyes:

It's still there Ian. Where are you looking?

not on my page; I know it's there but where is there
Untitled-1 copy.JPG

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.JPG
    Untitled-1 copy.JPG
    201.5 KB · Views: 333
Maybe I'm missing the point, but I clearly see a 'New Thread' button, except behind a 'Read-only' category (which makes sense). Perhaps you didn't realize that a new 'Thread' is a new first post?

Actually, Ian is missing his New Posts button. I still have it:
Lightroom Forums_2016-04-21_06-50-06.jpg

But Ian doesn't. It's a mystery.

Mines gone too, but there is a link on the right side of the page.
It's right under "Members online now"
Cliff

Actually, Ian is missing his New Posts button. I still have it:
View attachment 7563

But Ian doesn't. It's a mystery.
It was a mystery for a while for me too. Ian (and me) have zoomed our forum browser window too large to accommodate all of the menu items. Recently Victoria added a new menu item "Unanswered Threads" (Quite a wordy menu item). When that happened and when your window was Zoomed past a certain point, menu items were moved under a sub menu represented by the ellipsis (...) Unfortunately, instead of dropping the right most menu items, the new forum software consumes the first menu items instead. It's an annoyance, but the price we have to pay of old eyes and small screens.

Ah, ok, I'll see if I can track it down. Thanks.

(And as a side point, there's a New Posts link right at the bottom of the page too)

I have tracked the problem down; when my screen is at 150% (often) the new post button disappears out to the left

That doesn't happen on the other forum with this program

Ah, ok, I'll see if I can track it down. Thanks.

(And as a side point, there's a New Posts link right at the bottom of the page too)

thanks; thats my something new for the today

I have tracked the problem down; when my screen is at 150% (often) the new post button disappears out to the left

That doesn't happen on the other forum with this program
This is what I discovered too. See my earlier post for the reason.

This is what I discovered too. See my earlier post for the reason.

I did see it thanks. all understood; get better 'puter glasses :D

I tried that once; not here and it didn't work; however I now have a newpost b/mark
thanks for that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back