• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! Color Grading and improved zoom across the whole Lightroom family, plus graphical watermarks for the cloud-based Lightroom apps, as well as the usual new cameras, lens profiles and bug fixes. See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes.

New Mac, New Question

backroadbob

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Operating System
macOS 10.15 Catalina
Hi all,
I just purchased a 2019 MacBookPro (Catalina) and all went well transferring data and apps.
Each time I open LR Classic Ver 9.3, I receive this message which I have not see before. See attached screenshot.
Thanks in advance,
Bob

Attachments

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Most likely the destination for your mobile downloads is reset to the Users folder. Lightroom does not (and should not) have permission to write to that folder however, so you should change this in Preferences - Lightroom Sync.

backroadbob

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Johan, where would you suggest I change the destination to?
Thanks...

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
With the release of Catalina, Apple boosted the security of files and folders. This is most likely the cause of the warning message. Correct you’re security permissions to allow the app to have the access it needs to the folders.

As Johan says, moving the folder inside the Pictures folder would be advised.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

backroadbob

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Fixed! Thanks for your help!
Bob