• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

New Imported photos not showing in folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topgardenboy

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
I imported 2860 photos I can view them in catalog under previous Import, but they do not show up in folders as the last folder is dated 2022-09-10 and these were taken on 2022-09-19. When I put the card back in the camera it showed no image so I checked in format card and the card showed 60 GB used. So I tried a different card and imported 758 which I can view in last import but they aren’t in the folders. When I try to export I get a window telling me it cannot find they originals.
I enclose files to show the problem.

Attachments

• EFBD4523-D6A6-4847-BBFE-EB641E5B99F5.jpeg
    EFBD4523-D6A6-4847-BBFE-EB641E5B99F5.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 64
Look down at the bottom of the Folders Panel, have you got another Drive listed there?

All the images that you see in the Grid with "Previous Import" selected are showing the Smart Preview icon, meaning that the original is missing. There are several possible explanations for that, but right-click on any one of the images in "Previous Import" and select "Go to Folder in Library"....that will switch the source in the Folders Panel to the actual folder that the images were imported into. Likely that will be greyed out with a question mark icon to indicate that it too is missing. But what Drive is it listed under?

Are you by any chance importing from a CFExpress card?

I imported 2860 photos I can view them in catalog under previous Import, but they do not show up in folders as the last folder is dated 2022-09-10 and these were taken on 2022-09-19. When I put the card back in the camera it showed no image so I checked in format card and the card showed 60 GB used. So I tried a different card and imported 758 which I can view in last import but they aren’t in the folders. When I try to export I get a window telling me it cannot find they originals.
I enclose files to show the problem.
Look down at the bottom of the Folders Panel, have you got another Drive listed there?

All the images that you see in the Grid with "Previous Import" selected are showing the Smart Preview icon, meaning that the original is missing. There are several possible explanations for that, but right-click on any one of the images in "Previous Import" and select "Go to Folder in Library"....that will switch the source in the Folders Panel to the actual folder that the images were imported into. Likely that will be greyed out with a question mark icon to indicate that it too is missing. But what Drive is it listed under?

Are you by any chance importing from a CFExpress card?
Yes I am using a CF Express card and I have been usi it for the last 4 years with no problems.
I have clicked on a image in previous imports and it is in desktop

Attachments

• 31B20394-06BF-411A-9A89-16847E0206A1.jpeg
    31B20394-06BF-411A-9A89-16847E0206A1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 53
Yes I am using a CF Express card and I have been usi it for the last 4 years with no problems.
I have clicked on a image in previous imports and it is in desktop

Attachments

• F6257116-7116-4F38-A9D1-33891859EA04.jpeg
    F6257116-7116-4F38-A9D1-33891859EA04.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 60
I have never put photos from LR onto my desktop and I can assure you that they aren’t there

I have never put photos from LR onto my desktop and I can assure you that they aren’t there
All I can say is that Lightroom suggests otherwise, so something must be going on here. Did you give Lightroom full disk access? Apple changed the security requirements in MacOS Monterey. Go to MacOS 'System Settings - Security & Privacy' and add Lightroom Classic and Photoshop to "Full Disk Access". Click on the lock icon to unlock the settings, then click on the plus icon to add Lightroom Classic and/or Photoshop if it isn't already listed. If it is listed, then just enable the checkbox. See also Quick Tips: How to give Full Disk Access to Lightroom Classic on macOS

By the way: please post proper screenshots, not photos of your screen: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361

Went to system settings but LRC already has full access. The previous import of 758 which folders say are in the desktop but aren’t, are still on the card but I can’t import them because LR thinks they are in LR already, everytime I try to export one this appears.

Attachments

• D4A0DA12-D48B-4250-A452-751D90EDFADE.jpeg
    D4A0DA12-D48B-4250-A452-751D90EDFADE.jpeg
    19.2 KB · Views: 51
Went to system settings but LRC already has full access. The previous import of 758 which folders say are in the desktop but aren’t, are still on the card but I can’t import them because LR thinks they are in LR already, everytime I try to export one this appears.
In Finder navigate to your user ID, open it and then select Desktop from the list of Folders present. The desktop folder should list the image files imported to that location by Lightroom Classic or a folder inside Desktop containing these images.

To correct your import error, In the Lightroom Classic folder panel, select the Desktop folder and then images in that folder and drag them to a folder (other than the Desktop folder) to a folder location of your choosing.

That image is too small for us to read.

Regardless, if the images are not on the Desktop (which I agree they probably are not), the best thing to do is right-click on that "Desktop" entry in the Folders Panel and select "Remove", which will result in those 758 images being removed from the catalog, so that you'll then be able to import them again. When you start the import, please take a screenshot of the Import Dialog (see the link that Johan supplied with instructions on how to take proper screenshots on your Mac system). In the screenshot, please make sure that we see what type of import you are performing (top of the centre panel), plus the expanded Destination section in the right-hand panel (will not appear if "Add" is selected as the import type).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back