• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Develop module New Feature in Version 8.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christoph Diewald

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version Number
Classic CC 8.2 Release Build 1204643
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I was prompted by Adobe Creative Cloud to install a new version of Lightroom Classic CC. A new feature under de Develop module is "Enhanced details". I did install Version 8.2 (build 1204643), and wanted to try out the new feature (under the Photo menu in the Develop module). I get this very strange message from Lightroom:

My current version of Windows 10 is 1803, no update currently suggested or required..
The new version seems to work, except for this feature.

Creative Cloud isn't offering me the update, and the announcement on the Feedback site has evidently been taken down. I suspect that the release has been pulled until it works better.

Thanks, Hal! I shall leave this 8.2 version for now, as the rest seems to work. (Interesting though, that Microsoft is not installing Windows 10 Version 1809 yet for me, and that Lightroom will apparently rely on that)).

For what it is worth, I have a reasonably new desktop that happily updated to 1809, and an older HP laptop that MS won't update yet to 1809.

I have been able to install Version 1809 "manually", and the new Lightroom feature does not give that error anymore. Havent´quite found out it´s utility yet...

Didn't the Windows October update get pulled part way through its rollout? I seem to have a dim memory somewhere.

Yes, your are right, but it was fixed by Microsoft and is being distributed since January.

MS have had no end of problems with 1809 (= Sept 2018) and have tried fixes and pulled different versions of it several times. It is unclear if it is fixed for all hardware even now. It won't install if your hardware/system configuration isn't known to be compatible (or at least, it isn't supposed to).

For a summary of current blocks, and some of the more recent notes from MS on 1809, read here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4464619/windows-10-update-history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back