Develop module New Feature in Version 8.2

Christoph Diewald

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic CC 8.2 Release Build 1204643
Operating System
Windows 10
I was prompted by Adobe Creative Cloud to install a new version of Lightroom Classic CC. A new feature under de Develop module is "Enhanced details". I did install Version 8.2 (build 1204643), and wanted to try out the new feature (under the Photo menu in the Develop module). I get this very strange message from Lightroom:

My current version of Windows 10 is 1803, no update currently suggested or required..
The new version seems to work, except for this feature.

Hal P Anderson

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Creative Cloud isn't offering me the update, and the announcement on the Feedback site has evidently been taken down. I suspect that the release has been pulled until it works better.

Christoph Diewald

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Thanks, Hal! I shall leave this 8.2 version for now, as the rest seems to work. (Interesting though, that Microsoft is not installing Windows 10 Version 1809 yet for me, and that Lightroom will apparently rely on that)).

Jimmsp

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
For what it is worth, I have a reasonably new desktop that happily updated to 1809, and an older HP laptop that MS won't update yet to 1809.

Christoph Diewald

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
I have been able to install Version 1809 "manually", and the new Lightroom feature does not give that error anymore. Havent´quite found out it´s utility yet...

davidedric

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Didn't the Windows October update get pulled part way through its rollout? I seem to have a dim memory somewhere.

LRList001

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
Yes, your are right, but it was fixed by Microsoft and is being distributed since January.

MS have had no end of problems with 1809 (= Sept 2018) and have tried fixes and pulled different versions of it several times. It is unclear if it is fixed for all hardware even now. It won't install if your hardware/system configuration isn't known to be compatible (or at least, it isn't supposed to).

For a summary of current blocks, and some of the more recent notes from MS on 1809, read here:

Christoph Diewald

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Thank you! My installation of Version 1809 went well and is working nicely, so far.