• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

New Classic Install Downloads From CC Don't Sync Completely

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcRJacobs

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 8.3
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hi;
I have 59,871 images in the Adobe Cloud that were all uploaded into Lightroom CC (just Lightroom now). I just did a clean install of Lightroom Classic and turned on syncing to bring down the images into my local LR. All worked great, except my "All Photographs" says 59871 and "All Synced Photographs" says 57546. Why wouldn't all images in the Adobe Cloud be compatible with Lightroom Classic? Shouldn't these numbers match?
Thanks,
Marc

Videos? Classic will download any video files from the cloud (so will be included in "All Photographs", but because video changes do not sync they are "unsynced" in Classic and so are not included in "All Synced Photographs".

Thank you, Jim for the reply. That makes good sense. How do I check this to verify that is what is happening? I guess to word this better... How can I get LR Classic to show me the UN-synced files?

The quickest way would be to click on All Photographs, then in Grid view use the Library Filter>Metadata tab to filter on File Type. You should see a count of video files in the list. does the number of videos equal the difference between All Photographs and All Synced Photographs.

WOW, Jim... on the dot, the video files are the exact difference... Thank you so much for a better understanding of this.
Marc

Hi;
I am still finding myself in the dreaded sync mismatch problem. All my photos and videos are in the Adobe Cloud. I just added Lightroom Classic and turned on the syncing. It has completed with:
All Photos: 59853
All Synced Photos: 57653
The difference of 2200 files are all video, so I understand that difference, but I also have:
Syncing 3 photos (in upper left hand corner), and
Preferences > Lightroom Sync shows 24 pending (but they never complete)
I can't widen the Sync Activity and the Asset Path/Link is so long I can't read the Sync Details/Errors
Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?
Thanks,
Marc

Hi Marc, first place to check is Photo Editor | Online Photoshop Lightroom and see if there's a Sync Errors collection.

Also, grab us a screenshot of what you do see in the Sync Activity in Preferences, as that might give us some clues as to where to start looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back