• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Catalogs New catalogue as a result of the latest lightroom classic upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janie Chapman

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightrom classic version 9.00
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I upgraded my version of lightroom this week and then followed the instructions to update the catalogue. I seem to have gone from catalogue L2 to L3.2 in one go. However all seems ok except my folder structure all has ? mark's against it. I think this means the files are missing. Whilst I can report the files is there some global way of resolving this. THANKS

Your personal info indicates you are on LR/9.0 so I assume we are indeed talking about LR Classic. In your text you mention "Catalog L2" and "Catalog L3.2". Something is odd here as if your previous catalog (before you upgraded) was "Catalog L2", then the new one should be "Catalog L2-2". Can you please verify the full name of your prior and new catalog.

On your 2nd point, in the Folders panel, if the folders you see all descend from a higher level parent that is not being shown, then right click on one of them and select "Show Parent Folder". Repeat until you come to a common parent. If you have no common parent folder you'll have to repeat the step below for each folder (which is why w recommend having a common parent).

Right click on the common parent which should also have a "?" on it and select "find missing folder". In the navigator window that pops up, navigate to that same folder and select it and then press the "choose" button. That folder and all its subfolders will re-link and the "?"'s will go away.

If you run into trouble, send us a screen shot of the folders panel with parent folders being shown.

Can you expand on this please:

I upgraded my version of lightroom this week and then followed the instructions to update the catalogue.

Upgrading Lightroom usally automatically updates the catalogue. What instructions did you see to update the catalgue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back